Subject: Re: impolitic statements (business model clues for the clueless
From: "Forrest J. Cavalier III" <mibsoft@mibsoftware.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 07:57:22 -0400 (EDT)

Tom Lord <lord@regexps.com> wrote:
> Subject:       impolitic statements (business model clues for the clueless)

> I don't understand why OSDN and RH don't get together and give us a
> web service I'd really want to use.  I might even pay for it, if I had
> any money.

Providing a service you really want to use costs real money,
but you admit you don't have any.

So you inadvertently identified the problem: OSDN and RH are
very good at attracting "customers" who don't spend money.

Forrest J. Cavalier III, Mib Software  Voice 570-992-8824
http://www.rocketaware.com/ has over 30,000 links to
source, libraries, functions, applications, and documentation.