Subject: Re: impolitic statements (business model clues for the clueless
From: Steve Mallett <steve@opensourcedirectory.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 03:13:59 -0300

On Wednesday 17 October 2001 08:57, Forrest J. Cavalier III wrote:
> Tom Lord <lord@regexps.com> wrote:
> > Subject:       impolitic statements (business model clues for the
> > clueless)
> >
> > I don't understand why OSDN and RH don't get together and give us a
> > web service I'd really want to use.  I might even pay for it, if I had
> > any money.
>
> Providing a service you really want to use costs real money,
> but you admit you don't have any.
>
> So you inadvertently identified the problem: OSDN and RH are
> very good at attracting "customers" who don't spend money.

I'll bite.

To Tom:
Last quarterly report I saw on RH there was quite a bit of revenue.
Of course they aren't a website based business so let's leave that one since
you were concentrating on website services like SF & FM.

I'm curious what you are under the *delusion* you'd pay for if it were
provided from such websites as SF & FM?

--
Steve Mallett | Stable, Open-Source Apps
http://OpenSourceDirectory.org | steve@opensourcedirectory.com

Project-Listing Maintenance In A Can: http://trovesendtwo.sf.net

webmaster@opensource.org  (Aug 15th/01,
I have nothing to do with license approval.)

http://Open5ource.net |  What's happening in Open-Source?

"Non-cooperation with evil is as much a duty as cooperation with good."
        -- Mohandas Gandhi