Subject: Re: crux of the essence
From: Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@xemacs.org>
Date: 19 Oct 2001 17:54:18 +0900

I would simply killfile Tony, but I must concede and correct my own
mistake before doing so.

    >> From: Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@xemacs.org>

    >> Tony said (conventional) economics is (100%) irrelevant, and he
    >> implied[2] that the technology will reach (100% of) everybody
    >> and ameliorate the current poverty in conventional goods
    >> (completely and automatically).

    tony> Please provide examples of my words that support the
    tony> statements that you attribute to me.

I owe you an apology, herewith proffered.  The second part of my
statement is not supported by your words, until amended by the crucial
substitution of "spritual poverty" (ie, Marxian alienation) for
"poverty in conventional goods".  This mistake was born in anger and
the careless confounding of several subthreads, but was not malicious.
It was unintentional, but a serious misrepresentation nonetheless.

I am very sorry.

Otherwise, I stand by my attributions.  We already read your words, I
see no need to regurgitate them.  When challenged, you do not qualify
your extremism, nor respond with logic or fact, but rather with
insult.  I see no alternative but to infer that you held and continue
to maintain the extreme opinions that I attribute to you.

We actually have a fair amount in common.  I agree with most of your
statements to the extent that they are denials of the opposite
extremes (which _you_ frequently attribute to others on the strength
of _no_ evidence).  However, when stated in the extreme forms you seem
unable to avoid, I take exception.

No more.

*plonk*