Subject: Re: torvalds
From: "Forrest J. Cavalier III" <mibsoft@mibsoftware.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 07:54:17 -0400 (EDT)

> My pithy note about Linux, though, was sent in the hopes that previous
> messages had instilled the abstractions that give it context.  In your
> case, I wasn't successful.  Sorry.

And since an above average hacker like Russ missed it,
what evidence do you have that you can scrape together
a whole market of buyers who "get it."  Certainly there
wasn't a chorus of agreement on this list.

Like I said, I think a lot like you, so I understood the
connection.  I don't have evidence that there is a
market of people who think that way.  Do you? Instead I
observe evidence to the contrary.

My conclusion is to work on engineering process
improvements for the gains in efficiency and reduction
in cost of stupidity (as another person wrote), not
because they are attractive marketing points.

If you have other evidence, share it.  You haven't made
your point that there is a market, much less that
you can get a FSB to cover the overhead.