Subject: Re: Bug Bounties. Making $ from bugzilla.
From: "Brian J. Fox" <bfox@ua.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 17:03:13 -0800

   From: burton@openprivacy.org (Kevin A. Burton)
   Date: 25 Nov 2001 12:38:56 -0800

   >    A 3rd party logs in to the system to approve the bounty (it is
   >    approved),

   > What makes the 3rd party an expert on the particular piece of
   > software that got fixed?

   He just fixed the bug didn't he :)

No, the 2nd party (i.e., Bob) just fixed the bug.  The 3rd party
(Carol) is engaged to determine the veracity and correctness of the
fix.

   > If they are an expert on that software, mightn't they be the ones
   > that are doing the fixing?  That would create a conflict of interest.

   I am confused by this last sentence.  I wouldn't have a problem
   with an expert getting paid to fix bugs.

The 3rd party is "the expert" in the above sentence, not the buyer nor
supplier of the bug or fix.

Brian
== The Difference Between Cultures: ==
    Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit