Subject: FTC vs. USPTO cage bout!
From: Don Marti <dmarti@zgp.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:36:41 -0800

Attention all respectable business types:  The FTC will hold
hearings in January on the antitrust implications of patent law
and information technology standards bodies, among other things.
So why not get down there and testify?

From the Federal Register:

The Federal Trade Commission ("FTC" or "Commission") announces
public hearings beginning in January 2002 on "Competition and
Intellectual Property Law and Policy in the Knowledge-Based
Economy." The hearings will focus primarily on the implications
of antitrust and patent law and policy for innovation and other
aspects of consumer welfare. Copyright and trademark issues as they
arise in particular high-tech contexts also may be considered. The
hearings will be held at and administered by the FTC and co-hosted
with the Antitrust Division of the Department of Justice.

http://www.ftc.gov/os/2001/11/ciphearingsfrn.htm

LJ story with links to other info:
http://linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=5630

http://zgp.org/~dmarti