Subject: MS hiring open-source folks ?
From: Bernard Lang <Bernard.Lang@inria.fr>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 17:11:30 +0100

Hi,

I just read in a French science magazine of rather good standing, an
article on free software.  It states:

 A cpmpany that adheres to the Intellectual Property model, like
Microsoft, will think twice before hiring an open-source supporter.

(my translation)

  As far as I know, the above statement is wrong.  I heard that they
did try to hire you, and other poeple from the free/oprn source
community.

  Can you give me more data on this.  I am trying to reply ... and
this would only be one misconception among many.

  I would like names of free software / open-source people that MS
tried to hire.
  Stories ... references to published articles are even better.

Thanks for your help.

... and Happy New Year

Bernard

                 CAGED BEHIND WINDOWS or FREE WITH LINUX