Subject: Re: MS hiring open-source folks ?
From: Bernard Lang <Bernard.Lang@inria.fr>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 20:24:06 +0100

sorry for the editing mistakes...

  ... I forgot to erase 2 paragraphs from a copy of a personnal e-mail.

le message was suppoed to be:

I just read in a French science magazine of rather good standing, an
article on free software.  It states:

 A cpmpany that adheres to the Intellectual Property model, like
Microsoft, will think twice before hiring an open-source supporter.

(my translation)

  As far as I know, the above statement is wrong (as well as many
other statements in the article).

  I would like names of free software / open-source people that MS
(or other large proprietary firms) tried to hire.
  Stories ... references to published articles are even better.

Thanks for your help.

... and Happy New Year

Bernard