Subject: Re: BSA: January "Truce" ads airing, SF Bay Area
From: "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 20:23:43 -0800
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 20:23:43 -0800
on Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 11:28:57AM -0500, Perry E. Metzger (perry@wasabisystems.com)
wrote:

> "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> writes:
> > While there's been some discussion of the BSA's campaign in the trade
> > press, it seems to me that this would be the ideal time for a
> > countercampaign by free software related companies (IBM, RH, Sendmail,
> > Sun with StarOffice) to pitch free software alternatives.
>
> No one has budget to do that these days.
>
> (The general problem with neat schemes is the ability to execute them.)

There are a number of other options.  Most public radio stations have a
"viewpoint" or "perspective" feature, offering an opportunity to view an
opinion on a topic of regional interest.  For KQED, the submission is
at:

    http://www.kqed.org/radio/perspectives/submissions.html

Duration is 2 minutes, or about 300 - 350 words.  They even pay you for
your troubles ($65 for submissions used).

Peace.

We freed Dmitry! Boycott Adobe! Repeal the DMCA! http://www.freesklyarov.org

["application/pgp-signature" not shown]