Subject: Re: improving project maintainership
From: Simon Cozens <simon@netthink.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 15:45:10 +0000

Richard Stallman:
> The people in a particular community do not necessary agree in
> their views.

But you are careful to define this community precisely *by* the people
who espouse its views. The community we are describing is a self-selecting
one.

> There is no separate open source community; we are all part of one
> community, even though we disagree and support different movements.

Then it is not very community-minded of some self-appointed community
elders to set up, reinforce, and continually expound upon the
divisions between various factions of the community, rather than trying
to heal these rifts over.

--
"I will make no bargains with terrorist hardware."
-- Peter da Silva