Subject: Re: Giving Richard His Due
From: Ben_Tilly@trepp.com
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:52:35 -0500

Tony Stanco wrote:
[...]
> I don't want to continue this discussion with you online or off. I just
got

Please don't.  Particularly not on this mailing list.

> back from a DARPA Open Source meeting yesterday and I need to prepare for
> presentations with Washington technical people tomorrow, Senior
e-Government
> people on Tuesday and the World Bank on Wednesday, so I don't have time
for
> people that don't even understand the issues, let alone have anything
useful
> to say about solutions. On the other hand, if there are people on this
list
> who understood what was, and is, going on and have ideas on achieving an
> ethical future, I would like to hear from you offline.

If this is actually true, then I would request that you tell them to
begin any course of action with independently soliciting feedback from
people who have substantial technical background.  At the least this
means the ability to comment through experience on how feasible it is
to avoid unreliable Microsoft software.

Cheers,
Ben

PS I normally don't care so I only vaguely know about the "begin" bug
in Outlook.  Did I remember how to trip it?