Subject: Re: Giving Richard His Due
From: "Brian J. Fox" <bfox@ua.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:26:54 -0800

   From: "Tony Stanco" <Tony@FreeDevelopers.net>
   Cc: "Federico Lucifredi" <flucifredi@acm.org>,

   Michael,

   I expected you to know better.

   See The End of History? The National Interest, Summer 1989 Francis Fukuyama
   [http://www.wku.edu/~sullib/history.htm] and also his book of the same name
   (which makes the case even stronger a couple of years later):

Just because Fukuyama wrote it doesn't mean it is right -- in fact, it
seems to me that he is dead wrong.  Particularly words like "final
form of human government" have a singularly false feel to them.

Brian

   +What we may be witnessing in not just the end of the Cold War, or the
   passing of a
   +particular period of post-war history, but the end of history as such: that
   is, the end
   +point of mankind's ideological evolution and the universalization of
   Western liberal
   +democracy as the final form of human government.