Subject: Re: improving project maintainership
From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 14:56:23 -0700 (MST)

    I am saddened and shocked that the author of the GNU Manifesto can so
    openly deprecate...

    You have made this kind of statement repeatedly,

If I have done it before, you shouldn't be so shocked ;-).

    I am saddened and shocked that the author of the GNU Manifesto can so
    openly deprecate the value of cooperation for its own sake,

We cooperate in activities that we think are constructive, which does
not mean any and all activities.  Only in Wonderland would you find a
being that will participate in any activity whatsoever, when asked in
the name of "cooperation for its own sake."  That is not a rational
way to achieve a goal.