Subject: Re: free software business anyone?
From: Tom Lord <lord@regexps.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:22:29 -0800 (PST)

       I wrote:

       My impression is that big IT sees a truly commodity, truly
       portable OS with lots of options for its evolution and really,
       really likes the idea.  After the proprietary unix piss fights
       of the 80s and 90s, that's hardly a surprise.

Which is why it seems, ultimately, a flawed strategy that SW-only
Linux distribution vendors seem so committed to re-enacting those piss
fights.  It was tactical when they were the only ones "selling Linux",
but I think the developments among the server vendors are definitively
expiring that tactic.

-t