Subject: Re: The stupidity of large companies
From: "Brian J. Fox" <bfox@ua.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 02:16:06 -0800

   From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
   Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 23:09:00 -0500 (EST)

   D Henkel-Wallace writes:
    > Wal-mart is hard for a small FSB.

   There is certainly this idea among large companies that they just
   don't *want* to deal with small companies.  So, okay, a TLA government
   agency wants to do bulk mailing.  Their contractor even contacts me
   about qmail.  In the end, they buy from a reseller who goes to my
   competition simply because they appear to be a company.  Bzzzzzt,
   wrong.  So in the end, the TLA is contracting with me in the end,
   through the expediency of it contracting with a smaller company, and
   it with a smaller company, and it with me.

   This makes just about *no* sense to me, but maybe it will serve as my
   introduction to government contracting.

It makes all the sense in the world!

The agency perceives that you are only interested in the *technical*
solution to the agency's problem. They can't live with that.  They
need someone who is interested in them *as a customer*, not as a
problem to be solved.

Do you eat at the resturant where the waitress knows your name, and
how often you like to be bothered, or at any resturant that has good
food?  Are they any other factors in your decision on which resturant
to eat at other than food quality?  (E.g., cleanliness, atmosphere,
location, etc.)

Brian
== The Difference Between Cultures: ==
    Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit