Subject: Re: Wal-mart drives software industry
From: Tom Lord <lord@regexps.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:59:47 -0800 (PST)

       From: "Brian J. Fox" <bfox@ua.com>

	[mine is bigger than yours and I get more girls]

I think somewhere back there we skidded off the cliff of "flames" -- a
particular voicing and writing technique for concisely discovering and
highlighting the logic behind a disagreement -- into the abyss of
"gratuitous personal attacks".  Sorry, Brian, I thought we were in the
same rhetorical space but apparently not.  You mentioned the early
days of the FSF; one thing I liked about that environment was that
flaming was a well developed conversational form -- times change, I
guess.

       Ben_Tilly@trepp.com:

       Find out who Brian Fox is, what he has done, and then hang your
       head in shame.  [You smell bad and your mother dresses you
       funny.]

Don't be silly.

-t