Subject: Re: Back to FSB: "buying": decision making vs. decision impact
From: Tom Lord <lord@regexps.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 00:22:37 -0800 (PST)

       > me:
       > 	gumby:
       > 	IF YOU' RE WILLING TO STOP BEING CONDESCENDING TOWARDS THE
       > 	CUSTOMER.
       >
       > I think you're yelling at a stereotype rather than anything anyone has
       > actually contributed to this list.
       [...]
       > [IT press and, by extension, tech mgt.] easilly get[s] snowed [...]

       gumby:
       I hope someone else is reading this.

Me too.  Like I said, the robber barons had it easy.  Our
contemporaries have an organizational/structural problem to solve.
Implementing good decision processes, especially across organizational
boundaries, appears to be a damn hard problem, especially (and
thankfully) in the U.S.

-t