Subject: Re: Back to FSB: "buying": decision making vs. decision impact
From: Tom Lord <lord@regexps.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 00:42:46 -0800 (PST)

   Yet you'd already said this:

   > a second approximation they have a dynamic view, but easilly get
   > snowed on the difference between the purported intention of a
   > particular standard and its practical implications and simultaneously
   > give too much weight to supplier reputation rather than supplier
   > process.

   I hope someone else is reading this.

Maybe I should add: STOP BEING SO F-ING SIMULTANEOUSLY EGOTISTICAL,
INSECURE, AND RIDDEN-BY-CLASS-GUILT THAT YOU CONFUSE CRITICISM WITH
CONDESCENSION.  OR ARE YOU ASSERTING THAT PERSONS OF AUTHORITY ARE
DIRECT-LINED TO TRUTH AND THUS BEYOND MAKING SYSTEMATIC MISTAKES THAT
MIGHT BE POINTED OUT ON A MAILING LIST?  The universe of discourse
that discovers truth has never been all sweetness and light and an
egoless approach is the healthiest, though I hestitated before
reminding you of that since *that*, where I come from, is
condescending.

-t