Subject: The State of Arch
From: Tom Lord <lord@regexps.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 17:07:16 -0800 (PST)

I've been thinking a bit lately about the goals for, state of, and
possible futures of arch development.  Would you like to see arch
proven to be robust and scalable?  Would you like to be able to get
expert help deploying it for your projects?  Please read about the
state of arch and respond to my survey at:

	http://www.regexps.com/survey.html

That document begins:

			    Goals for arch
		    The State of arch Development
		       Possible Ways to Proceed
			   The arch Survey

  arch is briefly (re)introduced.  The primary goals for arch are
  stated and its state assessed.  Three possible ways for development
  on arch to continue are presented along with a survey to help me
  choose from among them.

  The survey is aimed primarily at business people with the authority
  to make strategic decisions and spend money but parts of it may also
  be of interest to engineers interested in using arch or contributing
  to arch.

-t