Subject: Re: I wonder if Craig Mundie reads this list
From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@xemacs.org>
Date: 06 Mar 2002 14:40:09 +0900

           Tom> First, ignore all business transactions.

	   Please justify this kind of assumption, in terms that apply
	   to FSB.

    Tom> Know what it is your business is supposed to do before trying
    Tom> to decide how to perform that function as a business.

Oh.  You mean _you_ think I should ignore your post, too?  Businesses
are supposed to "perform transactions".  All else is incidental to
that purpose.

    Tom> Know your craft.  If a thing is worth doing...

This too.  If you put your craft first, you are not talking about
business, you are talking about art.

I know that's not what you meant, but figuring out what you did mean
when you write in these terms is a lot of work.  As far as I can tell,
you want to put the kind of eternal polishing that is more or less
appropriate to academia at the center of your business strategy.

I think I'll invest in a Japanese construction company instead.
Survival probability is higher.