Subject: Re: I wonder if Craig Mundie reads this list
From: "Forrest J. Cavalier III" <mibsoft@mibsoftware.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 01:00:45 -0500 (EST)

>            Tom> First, ignore all business transactions.
>
>            Please justify this kind of assumption, in terms that apply
>            to FSB.
>
> Know what it is your business is supposed to do before trying to
> decide how to perform that function as a business.  Know your craft.
> If a thing is worth doing...
>
> -t

If that is your answer, perhaps you have a different definition
of "supposed to do" than most.

The only thing a business is "supposed to" (and in fact _must_ do,)
is to complete business transactions.  If it does not do this,
it ceases to be called a business, (and likely it ceases to exist,
so it isn't anything.)

If you throw out that premise, you aren't discussing a business.
Maybe you are discussing personal self-fulfillment.

Perhaps you could start a different list more appropriate for
that initial assumption.  You can call it
"What-Color-Is-Your-Free-Software-Parachute"

Maybe we are all dense here, but it isn't enough to complete
the fun part of the homework assignment ("wouldn't business
B be so much better.")  You have to explain how to get there
in a way we understand (read: business transactions.)  That
is what this list is for.

I'd imagine most people on this list have a good idea of the
color of their parachutes, that is the "Free Software" part
of the list name.  But there is a "B" there too.

Forrest