Subject: Re: How to run an FSB R&D lab (maybe)
From: Bernard Lang <Bernard.Lang@inria.fr>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:41:22 +0100

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 01:17:23AM -0800, Tom Lord wrote:

>        Bernard:
>        yes ... it is called academia
>
> But not really.  Not in the way people usually mean that.
>
> First, what I described isn't academia.  It's an epiphenomenon of
> academia.
>
> Second, the pattern I described is fine and good, but when populated
> entirely with students,

since when is academia composed only of students ?

> well, it's missing some depth of experience
> and skill.  So there's good reason to recreate that environment in a
> "grown ups" context, which is something only a business can do.

your misunderstanding ...

Ther are many ways to oppose academia and business

grown-ups vs  irresponsible thinkers   : your view

or for example

greedy bastards vs knowledge seekers   : not my view

you are full of biases ... but that is no news.

Bernard

                 CAGED BEHIND WINDOWS or FREE WITH LINUX