Subject: Re: Introduction
From: "Forrest J. Cavalier III" <mibsoft@mibsoftware.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 07:50:14 -0500 (EST)

Tom Lord <lord@regexps.com> wrote

[big snip]

> I wonder if you won't get more interesting results by drawing the
> boundaries a little bit differently.

[big snip]

Tom, communism was tried, and it didn't work out as well as
theory predicted.

RBV sounds like a good approach, but the boundaries have to
be drawn in a way that lets the actors localize decision making.
Drawing them too far away from the reach of local benefit
and control means that direction and results cannot be
determined or predicted with any accuracy.  Without accurate
assessment and prediction, it is impossible to make good decisions,
(which is another way of saying it is impossible to act
rationally.)

It isn't a business unless it can locally act rationally.

The people on the list try to tell you this in a number
of ways.  Sometimes it is phrased as "where are
the customers"  Sometimes it is "where is the ROI."

It may be that your larger theories and models are in line with
local decision and local action.  I keep waiting for your post
that connects the dots.  It would be brilliant and the world
would explode with fsb's.

Forrest