Subject: Partly-baked idea: FSB Banner Exchange
From: Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 16:28:28 -0800

As Eric Raymond notes, "attention" is a current medium of exchange.
We're all drowning in information, but some of us are starving for
lack of a bit of attention from potential customers.

So, I've been wondering about setting up a banner exchange for FSBs.
The software already exists to support this sort of thing; we'd just
need to determine the rules (e.g., banner size, entry qualifications).

To avoid annoying the listmeister, please handle responses as follows:

   *  diatribes about banner ads - off-topic; send to /dev/null

   *  inquiries and expressions of interest - send directly to me

   *  thoughts on FSB banner exchanges - send to this list

My initial thoughts on entry qualifications, FWIW, centered around
my current field of endeavor (i.e., books).  On reflection, however,
I began to think that CD publishers might also want to play.  Then,
I started thinking about FSBs as a class, which prompted me to post
the idea here.  If anyone has a good reason for a different standard,
please let me know; I'd be happy to take a look at it...

-r
--
email: rdm@cfcl.com; phone: +1 650-873-7841
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm    - my home page, resume, etc.