Subject: Re: User-facing applications
From: Bjorn Reese <breese@mail1.stofanet.dk>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 23:39:59 +0000

David Fetter wrote:

> essential to user testing.  Lacking this feedback, it is almost
> impossible for them to make good, usable user-facing applications.
>
> What's to do about this, and what have I missed?

While feedback certainly is important, it does not solve a more fundamental
issue. Programming requires technological skills. Achieving "userfriendliness"
(which is an unclear goal in the first place) requires psychological skills.
Software developers, and hackers in particular, tend to have stronger
technological skills than psychological skills. People with both sets of
skills are a rarity.