Subject: announcement: FS small business event Fri 24th in NYC.
From: Paul Rodriguez <sangretoro@yahoo.com>
Date: 23 May 2002 06:44:02 -0400

New York Linux Scene
Small Business GNU/Linux Demonstration

Friday, May 24th  10am-5pm
365 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10016

New York Linux Scene (www.NYLXS.com) and CUNY Graduate Center are
holding a free, public demonstration of GNU/Linux in the workplace for
small to medium sized businesses on Friday, May 24th (10am-5pm).

GNU/Linux is an extremely powerful combination of technologies.  As Open
Source technology, it can be implemented extremely competitively and
securely.  Long available to large companies and educational
institutions, it is being used by Amazon.com, IBM, and NASA to save
millions and increase both stability and security.

This Friday, we are bringing together some of the best of these
technologies and explaining how they can be the key to success for your
small to medium sized business. We will show you how you can leverage
Open Source technology to save you money, increase productivity.

It's a great place to see these technologies in action and find out how
they can improve your business.

Some of the solutions we will be demonstrating include:

MAY 24TH
FRIDAY

10:00 AM-10:30 AM
Ruben I Safir
Opening Remarks, GNU/Linux and the Small Business

10:40AM-11:10PM
Jonathan Jacobs
X Terminal Services, cross-platform interoperability,
the GNU/Linux Desktop

11:30PM-12:00PM
Phil Glaser
phpGroupWare

12:30PM-1:00PM
Ruben Safir
SQL Database Management
Overview of GNU/Linux
Mail/Web/File Servers

1:30PM-2:00PM
Marco Scoffier
Graphics and Imaging Software

2:30PM-3:00PM
David Sugar
Bayonne, Internet Telephony

3:30PM-4:00PM
Marco Scoffier and Brett Wynncoop
Internet Audio Broadcasting Server

So please, come join us, and let us show you the technology that's
already at your fingertips.  Please contact paulr@nylxs.com for more
information.

New York Linux Scene
http://www.NYLXS.com

New York Linux Scene is a volunteer organization for the employment and
empowerment of the New York City community through technology and Free
Software.  Through leadership and active community involvement we are
changing the face of New York City.