Subject: Re: The pony show.
From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian@airs.com>
Date: 18 Jun 2002 16:01:14 -0700

fsblist@netscape.net writes:

> Is this a common thing for small or large FSB company to ask the
> originator of an idea or impetus for an action to find a way to get
> himself compensated or am I being put through a pony show so they
> can justify their future action?

No, I'd say that most FSBs just take the ideas and use them with no
compensation and don't worry about it.  In some cases they hire the
originator of the idea, where it makes sense and where they can come
to reasonable terms.

Ideas are easy.  Making them work is hard.

I, like many others, have sent many ideas to this list over the years.
If somebody offered to pay me for any of them, I would take the money,
but I would be shocked.

I hope you can find a way to make the situation work for you.

Ian