Subject: Re: advice sought (really: fundraiser status)
From: "Brian J. Fox" <bfox@ua.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 09:28:30 -0700

   From: "Forrest J Cavalier III" <forrest@mibsoftware.com>
   Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 23:50:16 -0400

   In one of his talks, RMS says that one of his safer
   strategies (if it ever came to it) was to work in a
   restaurant.  (Shelter was taken care of, in his case,
   as you'll recall.)

I became a chef for that very reason when I was 19, and worked as a
chef off and on for 2 years to make sure that I would be able to do it
whenever I needed to.

Of course, I then cultivated my relationships with other computer
professionals so that I would always be able to find a good, ethical,
consulting gig -- even if it meant that I went to Germany, France,
England, Venuzuela, New Zealand, or Japan.  Those overseas gigs paid
well, and afforded me a chance to see the world.

   BTW, you left out "marry rich."

Maybe he already tried that?

Brian
== The Difference Between Cultures: ==