Subject: Re: advice sought (really: fundraiser status)
From: Tom Lord <lord@regexps.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 09:35:25 -0700 (PDT)

       > The point is not that you shouldn't be paid.  You should be paid, and
       > all the people I've mentioned above and the others I've not mentioned
       > should be paid for what they want and love to do.

Right.

So, I guess what I'm looking for is a set of people who are some kind
of intersection between those who can appreciate the new content with
those who navigate the corridors of finance, big-ticket sales, and
corporate mgt generally.   It'd be nice to throw into the mix at least
a few people who don't mind rehearsing the economics 101 and 201
syllabus, since I think a lot of amatuers like me will otherwise get
lost-in/snowed-under-by that terminology.

In other words, people who are gathered in some forum, somewhere to
brainstorm business hacks and try to solve both transient and endemic
"market bugs", etc.

You mentioned your composer friend.  Does that person produce
recordings?  Are they open content of some sort?   Sorry this is a
vague idea but:  I think that FSBs who want to get into the business
of "software for individuals" might be able to make a good strategy
of creating new kinds creator-rewarding of channels for open digital
content.  Customers can arrive for the music -- but then stay for
the software.

-t