Subject: Re: advice sought (really: fundraiser status)
From: Tom Lord <lord@regexps.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 09:49:27 -0700 (PDT)

	> Stop telling everyone who
	> disagrees with you that we are full of shit.

I don't think I ever do that, except in contexts where it is obviously
a joke.

If you think I've done that in some specific instance, rather than
letting the insult fester for months and then ranting about what you
think are the general flaws in my character, you should call me on the
specific point.

If you ask, in the _context of the discussion_: "So, what, you're
saying I'm full of shit?" that gives me a chance to either clarify
that "Yes, I am" or "Whoa -- no: I was trying to point out <X>" (for
some value of "<X>").

-t