Subject: Re: advice sought (really: fundraiser status)
From: Tom Lord <lord@regexps.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 10:26:27 -0700 (PDT)

	> Working in a resturant means you get to eat while you are
	> working, thus supplementing your income by the amount that you would
	> normally be spending on food.

In my region, it also means not earning enough to survive, needing a
second job or similar support, not getting health insurance, etc.
It's not a very practical suggestion.  If it were practical, I think
it might be an appealing suggestion, for all the reasons you mentioned
and more.

For those who've never worked in a kitchen, we must (of course)
recommend "Down and Out in London and Paris" by George Orwell :-)

-t