Subject: Re: advice sought (really: fundraiser status)
From: "Brian J. Fox" <bfox@ua.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 10:41:46 -0700

   Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 10:26:27 -0700 (PDT)
   From: Tom Lord <lord@regexps.com>

	> Working in a resturant means you get to eat while you are
	> working, thus supplementing your income by the amount that you would
	> normally be spending on food.

   In my region, it also means not earning enough to survive,

Much to my surprise, "survive" is apparently a relative term.

   needing a second job or similar support, not getting health
   insurance, etc.

   It's not a very practical suggestion.  If it were practical, I think
   it might be an appealing suggestion, for all the reasons you mentioned
   and more.

I hear you.

What are the chances that you will lose either your website or your
internet connection due to lack of funds?  Are either or both of those
more important to you than health insurance?  Than your current digs
(i.e., number of bedrooms, size of kitchen, etc.)? Than mode of
transportation?

To say what another FSB member said in another way -- which parts of
your lifestyle are you willing to sacrifice in order to achieve your
ethical and artistic goals?

Brian
== The Difference Between Cultures: ==
    Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit