Subject: Re: advice sought (really: fundraiser status)
From: "Brian J. Fox" <bfox@ua.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:06:17 -0700

   Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:11:32 -0700 (PDT)
   From: Tom Lord <lord@regexps.com>

	   > Are either or both of those
	   > more important to you than health insurance?  Than your current digs
	   > (i.e., number of bedrooms, size of kitchen, etc.)? Than mode of
	   > transportation?

   No.

So get a job.  What's the problem?

	   > To say what another FSB member said in another way -- which parts of
	   > your lifestyle are you willing to sacrifice in order to achieve your
	   > ethical and artistic goals?
	     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

   You left out "professional", a word which sheds a whole new light on
   your question and its broader implications.

I don't care about your profession (in an abstract way).  I confusedly
thought that your ethics and artistic sense both prevented you from
exploiting your skill set, and from doing something different.

Brian
== The Difference Between Cultures: ==
    Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit
    Liberte', E'galite', Fraternite'