Subject: semi non-sequitor
From: Tom Lord <lord@regexps.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 21:00:46 -0700 (PDT)

	> For god's sake, as soon as you can afford it, buy a damn dough-capable
	> mixer, a food processor, a pizza stone, and a rice cooker.

My rice cooker, by the way, has a _computer_ in it and, as nearly as I
can tell, puts it to surprisingly good use ("Fuzzy Logic!" the ad
said) for regulating the heat of the electric burner.  I cooked rice
in a plain old pot for many years and, really, these things are _way
cool_.

Also, though they are sometimes advertised as "hand wash only", I've
risked mine (the bowl and lid) through the dishwasher a few times and
it seems to be hold up fine.  It helps to brush or rinse off some of
that thin, flaky stuff that rice gives off -- maybe just for
aesthetics.

-t
(something _useful_ to say here, for once)