Subject: [lord@regexps.com: Re: arch advocates]
From: Tom Lord <lord@regexps.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 12:07:53 -0700 (PDT)

Can someone who is expert in sales offer some (off list) help here --
I am obviously losing hard while trying to get across some no-brainer
observations.

-t

Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 12:02:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: Tom Lord <lord@regexps.com>
To: tiemann@redhat.com
CC: andru@CS.Cornell.EDU
Subject: Re: arch advocates

	Tom, this brings us right back to where we were months ago.  You don't
	need to convince me, you need to convince customers.

You and your (RH's) customers are arch's customers.

I don't have access to them, unless perhaps through RH.  The wall of
dismissive and thoughtless platitudes is much larger than just you.

Please try to avoid losing hard ;-)

       But it's up to you, not Red Hat, to create the community of use around
       arch.  Period.  End of story.  No arguments, logic, whining, or anything
       else of that sort is going to change that fact.

The community has given me a high cumulative rating on FM and ponied
up 10% of what they did for something as hugely more popular as LWN.
What more evidence do you need (I'll try to provide it)?

You seem to be denying that social connections play any role in
business success --- but that would be (at least) absurd.

- -t