Subject: Re: [lord@regexps.com: Re: [lord@regexps.com: Re: arch advocates]]
From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian@airs.com>
Date: 28 Aug 2002 22:15:04 -0700

Tom Lord <lord@regexps.com> writes:

> Ok...my (extremely informed) view on good (distributed, decentralized)
> revision control is that RH needs to pick up arch-related practices in
> house and build services for their customers on that foundation.

Hmmm, it seems to me that Red Hat's biggest projects are things like
the Linux kernel, gcc, gdb, etc.  Those projects have open mailing
lists.  You can convince those people to switch to arch without going
through Red Hat as such.  Moreover, Red Hat can not switch those
projects unilaterally.

Red Hat does have internal projects as well.  But if you can get the
well known free software projects to switch, Red Hat will probably
also switch.  The reverse is not true.

Ian