Subject: Re: arch advocates
From: Tom Lord <lord@regexps.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:30:50 -0700 (PDT)

I do not mean that users can be understood by an AI program.  I mean
that the policy described by Michael is dangerously simple minded.

-t

   Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 23:20:21 +0100
   From: Ben Laurie <ben@algroup.co.uk>
   Cc: tiemann@redhat.com, fsb@crynwr.com, arch-dev@regexps.com, bfox@ua.com,
	   andru@CS.Cornell.EDU, lord@morrowfield.regexps.com

   Tom Lord wrote:
   >    > But as I've said (too) many times, our my personal policy (and to a
   >    > large extent our product policy) is to ignore what authors tell us about
   >    > their software and listen only to what users say.
   >
   > We could do your job with an eliza program, then.  Turn over your
   > salary to some AI grad students, please.

   You mean that, unlike authors, users can be understood by machines. It
   must be great to be an author.

   Cheers,

   Ben.

   Available for contract work.