Subject: Re: Value returned from free(d) software
From: Brian Bartholomew <bb@wv.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 19:32:34 -0500

> By giving source to their clients they have basically completed
> their GPL obligations.

Here's the $64,000 question: Can I get a current copy of everything
GPL-derived that Cygnus sells, at a reasonable price (less than $50)?
Or has Cygnus effectively converted what they sell into proprietary
software?  My apologies to Cygnus in advance if it is available, and
I'm charging up a hill from my own stupid misunderstanding.

> Servicing such a requirement could become a heavy non-valued-added
> burden to businesses so the simpler route of providing source with
> binaries is often taken.

Ftp archives or cdroms.  Sunsite.  Wuarchive.  Not a problem.

Another member of the League for Programming Freedom (LPF) www.lpf.org