Subject: Re: arch advocates
From: Lynn Winebarger <owinebar@free-expression.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 23:40:23 -0500

On Thursday 29 August 2002 16:40, Tom Lord wrote:
> Corporations are not, by default, benign or benevolent, as recent news
> more than amply illustrates.
        Did I say they were?  Why do you think I mentioned the public
interest in what you quoted below?

> 	If you believe there's some public interest at stake, the place to go
> 	is Congress and/or regulators.
>
> Those of my past employers who have not insisted that I be obligated
> not to discuss their employment contracts have made a very strong
> point (a "condition of employment") that I agree to *first* attempt to
> resolve conflicts outside of the national court system.  If you think
> *I* have meaningful access to congress, you are living in a dream.

   I didn't say you'd be any more successful, I just said that would
be the place to go.  Unlike these private companies, you have a
natural right to complain to legislators.  You don't have a right
for them to spend a lot of time listening or for them to obey your wishes,
but you do have a right to complain.
   I should take Kragen's advice myself, but watching your
exchanges here is painful.  It's like seeing the same train
wreck over and over again.

Lynn