Subject: Re: [lord@regexps.com: Re: [lord@regexps.com: Re: arch advocates]]
From: Ralph Corderoy <ralph@inputplus.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 09:57:51 +0100

Hi Tom,

> One negotiating invariant: my financial car is speeding towards a
> brick wall that is two orders of magnitude smaller than the amount of
> money you are talking about....  getting me back into not
> not-quite-living-hand-to-mouth-mode would be an excellent good will
> gesture.  I currently have three OVERDUE bills.

Why can't you drop arch and go and get a proper job for a while?  Clear
your debts, and build a reserve of say six months living expenses.  Then
quit having planned how arch can best proceed.  You're lucky to be in a
profession where salaries are often considerably larger than *necessary*
out-goings.

Alternatively, work full-time, and do arch after hours.  A not uncommon
situation in the early days of a later successful free software project.

I'm sure these have both been suggested before.

As for someone coughing up the dosh to make you retired, dream on.
There are many more worthy individuals who can code and communicate with
people.

Cheers,

Ralph.