Subject: project management (was Re: [lord@regexps.com: ... )
From: Norbert Bollow <nb@cisto.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 08:55:13 +0200

Tom Lord <lord@regexps.com> wrote:

> I think they dangerously mismanage those projects, but this is not a
> RISKS list.

Does anyone have a good HOWTO document on managing a Free Software
project in such a way that the project meets both the needs of the
sponsoring Free Software Business, and also the needs of the Free
Software community as a whole?

I'm asking because I'm in the process of launching a commercial Free
Software project for a mailing list archives system which will also
include the functionality of a web board system and the functionality
of a semi-automated SEO (Search Engine Optimization) system.  (BTW in
case someone else here also happens to be interested in this kind of
thing, I wouldn't mind doing it as a joint venture.)

Greetings, Norbert.

--
Founder & Steering Committee member of http://gnu.org/projects/dotgnu/
Tel +41 1 972 20 59        Fax +41 1 972 20 69       http://norbert.ch