Subject: Re: [lord@regexps.com: Re: [lord@regexps.com: Re: arch advocates]]
From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian@airs.com>
Date: 30 Aug 2002 10:24:30 -0700

Bjorn Reese <breese@mail1.stofanet.dk> writes:

> LEARN from your experiences after the meeting. Write down what was
> received well and what wasn't. Write down the questions you were unable
> to answer, or where your answer didn't seem to satisfy the questioner.
> This enables you to prepare yourself better for the next potential
> customer.

That reminds me that one good technique we used was to bring somebody
to the sales call who didn't talk, but who simply wrote down every
question which the prospects asked.  This requires somebody who can
write pretty fast, of course.

Then after the call we could go through all the questions, ask
ourselves whether we had answered it well, and practice our answers
for the next call.

Ian