Subject: Re: Open Source shareware?
From: Steve Mallett <steve@opensourcedirectory.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 08:49:12 -0300

> As an exercise, go to an open source conference and count the number of
> geeks with laptops running OS X.
>
> Unix on the desktop is a fun thing to hack around on and dream about, but
> then when someone hands it to you on a plate, a surprising number of moral
> scruples somehow disappear...

And I thought most problems were technical or political.. now ethical.

As one of those geeks I have to tell you that I don't give a damn about
scruples in combination with open source.  *If it works best I'm
there.*  The ibook I use works better than my (older) dell with RH on
it, which worked better than the same Dell with win on it *as a desktop
machine*.

Would I put OS X on my server?  Not on your life.  It doesn't do that
better than Linux for my needs on a server.

My problems will remain technical until further notice. With 2/3 less
fat!
--
Steve Mallett | steve@opensourcedirectory.com
http://OSDir.com | Now on the O'Reilly Network