Subject: Re: Open Source shareware?
From: "Benjamin J. Tilly " <ben_tilly@operamail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 19:21:20 +0500

Ralph Corderoy <ralph@inputplus.co.uk>  wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> > There is a fourth way (my Prime Minister would be proud) which is
> > "coming up from the streets".
>
> Unlike our country's Prime Minister (I hate to think of him as mine) and
> his `Third Way', could you elucidate what your fourth way is.  Do you
> mean a one-man project that gradually grew into `something big'?

Unless I am seriously mistaken what Simon means is a
programming version of the Christian tentmaker movement.
That is, programmers support themselves with their own
effort, and then use the experience they get in finding
useful software to write.

And you shouldn't complain about your government leader
because it could be worse.  If I could, I would donate
the President of the USA to you to demonstrate how *much*
worse it could be.

Cheers,
Ben