Subject: Re: A few here may have an opinion on this
From: chrismaeda@attbi.com
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 23:41:13 +0000

Red Hat is not profitable.  In their Aug02
quarter, they had a $4.6M operating loss that
was softened by ~$2.5M in interest and dividend
income from their $300M mountain of cash.
Red Hat could be profitable in the short term if they
really wanted to but it will be interesting to see if
they  can maintain their franchise long-term in the
face of UnitedLinux.