Subject: Re: A few here may have an opinion on this
From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@xemacs.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 13:12:58 +0900

    rn> Stephen J. Turnbull writes:

    >> Advocate the GPL _because_ it's viral.  That's the whole point!

    rn> "Reciprocal", please, not "viral".  Let's not inflame RMS
    rn> freely.

"Reciprocal" is unacceptably inaccurate.  The GNU GPL is a "take it or
leave it" offer.  Of course, it can hardly be otherwise, given the
transactions costs.  It's very generous (but then, given the non-rival
nature of software, it can afford to be).  But it's not "reciprocal,"
in the usual sense of "give and take" in bargaining.