Subject: Re: A few here may have an opinion on this
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 23:26:59 -0500 (EST)

Stephen J. Turnbull writes:
 >     rn> "Reciprocal", please, not "viral".  Let's not inflame RMS
 >     rn> freely.
 >
 > "Reciprocal" is unacceptably inaccurate.

You want to use GPL'ed source code, you have to let other people use
your source code under identical terms.  What's not reciprocal about
that?  In any case, the problem here is not that you're not using
reciprocal, it's that you are using viral.  "Viral" hacks off RMS, and
while I'm more than happy to annoy RMS when he deserves it (GNU/Linux:
just say Linux), I'm not willing to do so for no good reason.

--
-russ nelson              http://russnelson.com |
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | businesses persuade