Subject: Re: [coallesced replies] Re: how to create 21,780 new free software jobs (2,530 in R&D)
From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@xemacs.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 13:01:37 +0900

>>>>> "Tom" == Tom Lord <lord@emf.net> writes:

	What bothers me most about your whole scenario, though, is
	that it's seriously dependent on Microsoft-style monopoly.

    Tom> You're whacked.  Admittedly, buy-in from a big-ass like AOL
    Tom> would help, but it's hardly necessary.

"Microsoft-style" refers to the "embrace and extend, everything
integrated into the OS" approach to monopolization, not size or robber
baron excesses.  If you don't manage to provide pretty much everything
that the customers need, you will quickly run into support problems as
their favorite app is incompatible with your OS.  They will perceive
this as a failure of _your_ reliability.