Subject: Re: terms
From: Brian Bartholomew <bb@wv.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 13:13:50 -0500

>     Peter Deutsch,                                   (514) 875-8611  (phone)
>  Bunyip Information Systems Inc.                     (514) 875-8134  (fax)
>    <peterd@bunyip.com>                               http://www.bunyip.com

Please say Hi to the Bunyip crowd for me.  I was a guest at their
office and they were very gracious.

> the best technical solution (when considered in isolation) may not
> automatically be the best global optimization for the company.

Sure.  But when you ask the pointy-haired boss why he ignored your
advice and bought the DEC, he repeats the DEC marketing rather than
telling you the real reason.  This is often true even when the real
reason is perfectly justifyable and aboveboard.  If he told the techie
the real reason, the techie might even be impressed, rather than
concluding the boss can't distinguish marketing from reality.

Another member of the League for Programming Freedom (LPF) www.lpf.org