Subject: Re: [coallesced replies] Re: how to create 21,780 new free software jobs (2,530 in R&D)
From: "Brian J. Fox" <bfox@ua.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 07:38:25 -0800

   Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 18:54:23 -0800 (PST)
   From: Tom Lord <lord@emf.net>

   I don't believe you.

Yes you do.  You just want me to do some legwork for you.  However, I
did see where I needed to make a correction -- the Net Appliance boom
was 2000-2001, not 1999.

   In other words, could you be more specific so that we can compare
   and contrast the critical details, as well as learn from past
   experience.

If only your letter had started with "Could you be. . ."

   http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=net+appliance

_Sony's eVilla joins Audrey in Net Appliance Graveyard_
	http://www.newsfactor.com/perl/story/13289.html

_Ellison trumpets client/server, announces Net appliance ..._
        http://www.infoworld.com/articles/hn/xml/00/11/14/001114hnelli.xml

_CNN - Linux-based Net appliance targets home - November 12, 1999_
        http://www.cnn.com/TECH/computing/9911/12/linux.netapp.idg/

_Net appliances on parade_
        http://www.usatoday.com/life/cyber/tech/review/crh629.htm

   Often, it seems to this amateur, winning ideas go through several
   iterations of being tried out through losing implementations.

Yeah, but you have to learn from the losers.

Brian
--
More people use Apache than Word, and it does them more good.
  Kragen Sitaker, Mon, 04 Nov 2002 21:32:18 -0800